Trial is AAJ's award-winning magazine for attorneys, law professors, judges and others in the legal community. Trial brings readers news of the latest legal trends and developments, informative articles about civil law practice, coverage of recent verdicts and settlements in a wide range of practice areas, and commentary and analysis on emerging legal issues.
See below for a sample of the current issue. To access the current issue and more, members log in here.
2020 July—Equality and Accountability
This month, Trial explores equality and accountability: Read about hurdles in equal pay cases, uncovering pretext when employers retaliate, and holding cruise lines liable for passenger sexual assault. Also: A primer on business interruption insurance claims.
Cover image: PROSTOR/Shutterstock
- Dig Deep for Pretext
- Jumping 5 Hurdles in Equal Pay Cases
- Assault at Sea
- Helping Business Owners Weather COVID-19
- All In for the Future
- Navigating the 'Full Catastrophe' With Mindfulness
Verdicts & Settlements
- Failure to provide accessible automated external defibrillator
- Improper placement of crosswalk
- Failure to activate police lights, siren
- Negligent supervision of school children at public pool
- Negligent performance of heart transplant
- Negligent passing leads to fatal head-on crash
- Failure to check blood sugar before driving
- Improper lookout
- Failure to monitor sex offender living at apartment complex
Question of the Month
- How are you, your colleagues, and your staff supporting each other during the coronavirus pandemic?
Justice in Motion
- Trial Lawyers Helping in the Wake of COVID-19
On the Hill
- Advocacy During a Pandemic
- The lighter side of the law